Everything from cooking and cleaning to bathing and heating are all affected by your natural gas lines. Poor installation, age, or damage to these important components can put you at risk. Keep your family healthy and appliances operating well with Pro Service Mechanical.
We help homeowners and business owners in Saskatoon, SK stay safe with careful gas line services. Our specialists are well-trained and certified to inspect and protect your gas pipes. With up-front rates and a strong, local reputation, you can trust our team to keep you safe from gas leaks!
Is your gas furnace struggling to perform? We know what to look for. Ask about our heating maintenance and repairs!
Gas Leak Detection Protects Your Health
Did you know the rotten-egg smell from natural gas is actually an additive? Gas is so deadly, and normally has no smell, so the scent is added to protect you when a leak occurs. Long term exposure can lead to health risks like:
- Respiratory Problems
- Stomach Illness
- Blurred Vision
- Chest pain
- Lack of muscle control
Don’t ignore a gas leak. Accurate detection and fast repair are the best way to protect yourself!
Why Do I Have a Gas Leak?
Because gas lines are mostly hidden in the walls, they aren’t always a priority. Being aware of the common causes can help you prevent a leak or detect it early on:
- Faulty Installation: Leads to poor and unreliable performance. Correct installation right at the get-go will prevent most gas line problems.
- Age: Can take its toll on your system. If you live in an older home, check your pipes frequently for corrosion, damage or cracks.
- Defective Appliances: Can have connector or ignition issues. Old water heaters, unreliable ovens, and malfunctioning heating systems can be dangerous. Look for worn out parts and be aware of poor performance.
Don’t put off that gas leak! We’re here to protect you with 24 hour emergency services!
Other Signs of a Gas Leak
The recognizable smell of sulfur will be your biggest indicator of a gas leak. But sometimes it's subtle, so here are some other signs to be aware of:
- Nausea, vomiting or sluggishness
- Dying house plants
- Higher-than-normal gas expenses
- Yellow or orange gas flames (instead of blue)
- Hissing sounds near gas pipes
Leave your home and call in the professionals if you notice any of these dangerous signs. We have a skilled team in Saskatoon to help with gas leak detection and gas line repair.